Convento / Parroquia de San Agustín, Pamplona
The male convent of Saint Augustin (calced Augustinians) was founded in 1355 within the socalled "Burgo de la Navarrería", located in the old part of present Pamplona (Navarre, Spain). The foundation was supported by king Carlos II of Navarre. Conventual life is documented at least from 1350, five years before the foundation of the convent. After the exclaustrations and administrative changes through the nineteenth century, the church of the convent became a parish ca. 1882, a status maintained until now. For a more detailed information, see M. C. García Gaínza (dir.) et al. (1997), pp. 197-209.
List of publications
How to cite
María Gembero-Ustárroz, "Convento / Parroquia de San Agustín, Pamplona", Books of Hispanic Polyphony, ed. E. Ros-Fábregas (accession date: 24 Jan 2019), https://hispanicpolyphony.eu/taxonomy/term/7628