For an inventory and discussion of this manuscript, see Kirk (2011); see also DIAMM: https://www.diamm.ac.uk/sources/1638/#/
This manuscript and B-Bc 27088 were in the library of Charles V's sister, Mary of Hungary, before and after her move from Flanders to Spain, where they became part of the music collection of the Royal Chapel; they were later purchased by the Duke of Lerma, appearing in a 1609 inventory of the San Pedro de Lerma collegiate church. The manuscripts ended up in the possession of chapelmaster Federico Olmeda (1865-1909), whose heirs sold his impressive library to the Leipzig bookdealer Hiersemann; Brussels Conservatoire bought the manuscripts from him in 1912.
Bibliography of source
How to cite
Emilio Ros-Fábregas, "B-Bc 27087", Books of Hispanic Polyphony, ed. E. Ros-Fábregas (accession date: 12 Jun 2021), https://hispanicpolyphony.eu/source/26018